March 12, 2010

MP: Martha Graham and Visitors :)*

MP writes:

Hello Y'all,

I am finally back to my old self . I can now stand up and do everything . Of course I am still a little energy deprived but I can do everything. It was amazing how well you can get by just taking antibiotics for a few days. Though I might be coming down with something else. :( O well at least I know that my family will take good care of me. Sometimes I feel like someone is throttling me and I sound very garbled.

A couple of days ago Dramatic Truth, our dance studio, received some free tickets to the Martha Graham Performance. All dancers had first dibs on the tickets. Then, because most of the dancers who would normally go were preforming in South Dakota, the tickets were opened up to the parents of the dancers that were going. So all four of us were able to go and had a great time there. This was a nice frugal thing for the dance studio.

The Martha Graham company performed Clytemnestra at Johnson County Community College theater. It was particularly great to me as a dancer for two reasons. One was because we were so close to the stage that we could see even the small contractions of their muscles, and secondly, because when they stood still (and man, at some points some of them stood still for like three minutes) it looked like they were not even breathing.

This show was about the Helen of Troy from Greek mythology. Because there was a curse on the family they were always turning against each other and having them murdered. My teacher Sarah and her husband, Nate, were sitting behind us. At intermission Nate said " When does Jesus come on the stage?" And we all had to refrain from laughing. But Jesus did not show up on this stage as an actor. Haha. They had amazing technique though.

I can honestly say that I really don't like losing an hour of sleep even though I slept in. But it kinda felt like I lost an hour of my life even though I'm going to get it back in a few months. Oh well, it just means that I will sleep like a baby tonight!!!!!!!! Wahoo.
Now that makes me very excited.

Another thing that makes me excited is having visitors. In fact we have two sets of visitors coming in the next month!!! The first set of visitors are Gabby and Annatoria, my cousins, and they are coming in 23 days. Yeah!!!!! Two weeks after them we have our second set and they are our grandparents, my mom's parents. I am also so very excited about them coming too!!!!
I don't rue the day that we have visitors at all.

Love always,
Mallory

P.S. if you want to come out here just email my mom and schedule a date!

2 comments:

DICK said...

I had to look up the work "rue". Since one meaning was "to wish that something had never taken place", I then had to go back to the blog and see if you said "I do rue" or "I don't rue"! You're going to have to hire a part-time person to manage "reservations".
Love
Papa

Judy said...

Glad that you're feeling better - just wish that you had not sent the malady to Georgia. I, too, had to get some "drugs" to get over it . . . well, I feel much better, but I'm still doing a bunch of coughing.
Love,
Nana