March 9, 2010

AP: Taiwan/Japan Mission Trip Update #2

AP writes:

Hello all! Praise the Lord! I wanted to share with you that I now have 3/4 required funds to be able to go on the Mission Trip to Taiwan and Japan in May. Thank you to each and every one of you who have supported me with your prayers and with your finances in this journey of faith. Please continue to pray with me for the remaining funds to be raised.

A couple of the others on the team are not doing so well financially, so please pray for their income to come in too! They have a few more days to raise the funds to secure their spot on the team. (ie to have the money to purchase the airline tickets and rail passes.)

I have been checking out the details pertaining to my immunizations and have more good news to share. In the state of MO the Tdap (the type of tetanus shot I need) is FREE. Also, the health department here does not charge you a consultation fee to evaluate which travel immunizations are needed. (It was $75 in GA back in 2004!) No doubts, my mom the physician assistant, has already gone to CDC.gov and all appropriate health sites to investigate the information for me. The team leader is also a family practice physician, so I really did not want to have to pay the Health Dept. a fee as a matter of formality. Jackson County Health Department will also give me the typhoid pills, which I prefer because they give me longer immunity than the shot, for $50. Thank you, Lord. Now I just have to obtain a seasonal flu shot (they only have H1N1) and a prescription for traveler's diarrhea. (Let's pray against this!)

My new passport arrived in the mail Saturday. I now have my new passport number so I can purchase the bullet train pass for Japan. It must be purchased from here in the US to buy the 2 week pass at a considerable savings. So now, I am chipped. Well, my passport is. I am not sure how I feel about that....

Thank you all who are praying for me and the team! It is greatly appreciated. We have our next team meeting March 20th. I am very excited about this trip the way God is bringing certain details together.

Here are a few areas you could lift up in prayer for me:

>strength and health as I add additional rehearsals to learn the dances and help create choreography for ministry on the trip.
>that the Lord would increasingly tenderize my heart for the people of Taiwan and Japan as I prepare to go
>that I would grow in my love for Jesus and the Holy Spirit and have increase revelation of the Father's love for me so that I might share with others from a place of overflow
>that I would have the spirit of intercession in increased measure
>that I would have increase in the burden of the Lord in intercession for the people of Taiwan and Japan

Thank you for standing in partnership with me. May the Lord bless you!

Ashton :)

1 comment:

DICK said...

You are really getting really "fancy" with these blogs. When I went to your new blog for just your mission trip, the border stays the same/remains "fixed", as you scroll down to read it. Pretty neat! I'll post comments on the family blog, and not both places. It is great that you are so far along on your funding. We'll pray for the others and the remainder of yours!
Love,
Papa