March 7, 2010

KP: Contending, Surrender and Love

KP Writes:

I was reading Elijah List and ran across this excellent article by AJ Butel. I have condensed it but the majority of the writing is not mine but AJ's. The content however is the place where I think many of us are as intercessors. We are contending for heaven on earth. Contending is a present progressive -ie it is continuing and not yet completed. Let us press in to the more that is our inheritance as children of the King!

During the last 2 months as I have grieved the loss of my friend and mentor, Julia, I have sought the Lord on how to make my mind, will and emotions line up with the truth of who He is and the situation that has occurred both in the natural and in the spirit realm. I think AJ summed it up with this conclusion which I have modified as I reflect upon praying for Julia's healing, then resurrection. "I have a supernatural peace found only in my assurance of God-the-Healer and adoration for God-the-Kind. I haven't experienced my immediate desired effect of healing, but I trust in God-the-Just. I know He has promised to pay back seven-fold what the enemy attempted to steal. And try as he may, he didn't succeed in taking my love for my God!"

For me it has been a process and I am sure that it will continue to be. Ashamedly, I did take the longer route of disappointment and anger than what AJ describes. But in His great love, God the Merciful brought me to the place where I can call upon God the Faithful. Even when our circumstances do not align with our declarations, God is ALWAYS good and He works all things together for good for those who love Him and trust Him.

Be Blessed,
Kristian

article by AJ Butel

More Than Words

Last month a tragedy struck at the heart of our church family. A beautiful baby boy, the child of our youth pastors, was born full term—but without breath. His parents named him Asa. Asa Jeremy Stuart. It means "anointed healer."

As we learned the news, we began to gather in prayer and support for Jeremy, Renita, and their family. We cried out passionately for the resurrection of Asa's littleness. And our hearts burned with the conviction that our God who breathes life would raise him from the dead.

We each held Asa's newborn earth-suit and surrounded him with the presence of the Lord. We rebuked death, stroked his sweet cheeks and declared life. We kissed his silky dark hair and spoke destiny over him. We shared testimonies of God-the-Mighty and His divine intervention. We cried. We worshiped. The room was electric. Our hearts were ablaze with expectancy and our hands buzzed with His power. His peace was thick and weighty like a tropical embrace. The young revivalists in our region spent all-night vigils praying, quoting Scripture and worshipping. Many Believers from across the globe stood alongside us and joined with our faith. And some, who had seen God's resurrection power at work in other situations, combined their anointed prayers with ours.

But I have to tell you...even though we unswervingly believed God, Asa's untainted lips never drew air.

Surrendered In Trust

As I write, I weep...not only because of the ache our hearts feel when we miss Asa; but the tears that line my cheeks are also ones of gratitude for the miracles we encountered as we all contributed our faith and love—in one accord. Steadfast in trust... Surrendered to His promises... We were in unity, abiding in Him—corporately releasing His presence. I marvel at the empowerment and resilience of love. There is nothing quite so beautiful and impacting as a community resolved in His love which never fails! It is the combustive atmosphere where Heaven and earth align—and miracles are realized!

Even when I saw Asa's tiny white coffin, although heart-wrenching, I had a supernatural peace found only in my assurance of God-the-Healer and adoration for God-the-Kind. We hadn't experienced our immediate desired effect of seeing Asa open his eyes or hearing his wee cry, but we trust in God-the-Just. We know He has promised to pay back seven-fold what the enemy attempted to steal. And try as he may, he didn't succeed in taking our love for our God!

Admittedly, the situation presented a loud and clanging opportunity to wallow in disappointment and anger, however I watched the most incredible phenomenon unfold in people's hearts. Instead of dwelling on questioning how Asa died and why he didn't come back—we continued to choose to lean into God-the-Faithful.

During this time, Jeremy and Renita contended fiercely for the life of their son. Their courage and devotion was simply spectacular! Moment by moment they drew strength from the One who had formed and fashioned Asa's perfection in the womb. And then when the time came, I watched them dedicate him back to our Papa, God-the-Father, who now embraces Asa with a love incomparable.

Such are the complexities of the Kingdom. Sometimes we savor victory, yet there are other times when our circumstances might not align with our declarations. Regardless, God is ALWAYS good. And He works all things together for good, for those who love and trust Him (Romans 8:28). I watched God-the-Merciful move tenderly to comfort their pain. Holy Spirit alighted His peace upon their surrender! He turned their sorrow to joy, and continues to make this exchange as they remain hidden and safe in Him. They are more in love with Him than they have ever been!


(For the rest of this article, go to Elijahlist.com)
Kristian

No comments: