March 5, 2010

KP: It is Time for Healing

KP Writes:

I am contending for healing. Yes, I know, we have all been contending for healing for a long while. Besides, I am an intercessory missionary and isn't that a part of my job description. No. I mean I am really going after this thing. Now, I am in a fired up. It is not ok that people are sick, not my friends, not my family. It is not ok that people die of sickness, not my friends, not my family. It goes contrary to the Word as I read it. I am the first to admit that I do not understand all the parallel truths about living in a fallen world and death then resurrection (I do get the resurrection part), healing only to die later, etc... But I know that the devil came to steal, kill and destroy. And I am tired of him having successes in 'my neighborhood' when the Word says that I am to pray for the sick and they will be healed.

I have a close friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer, again. I recently put a lot of my thoughts, prayers, hope, into words for her and our group of 8 friends. I am posting it 'as is' rather than recreate it here for this blog. Be encouraged. Be challenged. Be stirred. Be filled afresh with faith. Stand with me in prayer for those who are sick! (Please lift up Jill, Don, Ethan, Diane, and Debbie-go to battle with me for these ones in their time of need.)

Here is what I emailed to my friends:

On Thursday nights we meet with a group of about 15 other intercessory missionaries and their families who are all here in KC (and all of whom are involved with IHOP) Last night I shared a little of your 'story' and this recent attack from the enemy. We spent a good portion of the time interceding for your healing, as well as praying for your husband, your children, and your moma. We declared the Word over you for healing and renounced and rebuked this attack by the devil. He comes to steal, kill and destroy. But, Jesus has come that you might have life and have it abundantly!! By His stripes you are healed. (Isaiah 53:5, I Peter 2:24) It is a done deal, sealed at the cross. He came to cleanse us of our sin and heal us of our infirmities. His sacrifice was and is enough.


In Exodus, God even reveals Himself declaring His character, "for I am the Lord, who heals you." Yes, He was speaking to Moses and the Israelites but He is not a respecter of persons. Also, it wasn't about them anyway, it was that God was revealing His character.


Matt. 10:8 "Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give." These were Jesus instructions to his disciples as he sent them out. We too are His disciples. He would not tell us to do that which He did not empower us to do. As born again believers, we are Spirit filled.(and pray for more infilling of the Holy Spirit) The Holy Spirit is healer (and comforter, and....). So we call on Him as part of the trinity, come and heal. Also in Luke 16:15-18 Jesus is giving instructions to His disciples (again, we too are His disciples)right before His ascension into heaven. So basically, these are His final instructions to us of what we are supposed to do until He comes back or until we go to Him, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs WILL accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they WILL place their hands on sick people and they WILL get well." There is something to the laying on of hands, something much more than I think we comprehend. If you are ok with it , I encourage the girlfriends to lay their hands on you as they pray. James 5:16 "...and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." That is us, because we have been made righteous by the blood of Jesus. I see Sunday pm is a milestone in our relationship as a group. Yes, we have prayed blessing at meals together, at weddings and funerals corporately, and for each other in our private prayer time. But often times because our closest friends know us best (the good, the bad, and the ugly) we tend to compartmentalize our spirituality. I don't know if that makes any sense but, I see this time Sunday as a a deepening of all our friendship, at least for me. I am so glad y'all are willing to "phone" me in, or if anyone has Skype, I can do that too.

But also in that part of James 5 earlier at verse 14-16, I see us doing exactly what the Word tells us to do,"Is any of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." Two things here, again I don't get it completely because of my western mindset and the way the church has been for a hundred + years in the west, but there is something major that shifts in the Spirit with anointing the sick with oil. It is up to you, but if you do not mind, then ask the girlfriends to anoint your forehead with oil. God would not have put that part in the Bible just for 'filler'. He put it in there for a reason. If nobody has any fancy, scented 'prayer' oil, use vegetable oil. I have. Besides, I don't think they had a Sweet Spirit or a LifeWay store back in Jesus' days!

The other thing is I have been praying is for more faith for you and for all of us! I especially have been praying that prayer for me. I want more faith. "Ask all these things (according to My will) and they will be given to you". Well, I know it is His will for us to have more faith. I have been walking around in all kinds of situations praying, "Lord, I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief"-Mark 9:24. And yes, I walk around and say these things out loud. There is power in the spoken word. And I want to speak life and not death. There is power in our words, so I want my spoken words to be His Word. His Word, The Word is sharper than any two edged sword. It never returns void! So I decided years ago to do battle in the heavenlies by speaking the Word over my life and my situations. I declare what the Word says. I might not see it, act it, or even totally believe it in my head (that old heart/head disconnect thing) but the Word is truth. So, I weld my weapon and speak out the verses for my situation. I encourage you to do the same. Also, you might say that if you say something that you don't yet see in the natural, then declare it, what is that? Romans 4:17 says,"..God...calls those things that be not as they were." It is like God seeing the end product in us (because He is omniscient and not limited by time) and we might not be there yet, but He sees our destiny. (Please do not think that I am in any way leaning into a false doctrine of name it claim it. I am not. I am saying if God says in the infallible Word that I am holy(I Peter 1:16) for example-, even if I don't feel holy, act holy, look holy, sound holy then I am holy. He sees the end product, and He sees me through the redeeming blood of His Son. Yes, I know He still calls sin sin. You know what I am saying, you know my heart.)

Psalm 103 has become one of my favorite passages. David is praising the Lord, like in a big time way in a time of personal worship. In verse 2 he recounts to himself and encourages himself by speaking to his own mind, will, and emotions with"Praise the Lord O my soul, and forget not all his benefits---" Then in verse 3 he starts to list some of the benefits of knowing God as Lord, "who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,". I like defining words and here the Word says ALL. Even, cancer-again. ALL.

I love you. You might wish my computer would get another virus. But I have really been going round and round and deeper and deeper on this healing thing with the Lord. He said it. So, I am ready to see a real, live miracle. He is the God of miracles. He does not change. He is the same today and yesterday. I am just sorry that you have to be at the center of this. Sometimes I do wonder, who will you come into contact with a the doctor's office or hospital or pharmacy or even at work who will have their life changed because of your faith, because of your testimony of God's goodness-all the time-even during this, because of your healing, or because of your miracle? You are a wonderful witness of the God you love.

Be blessed. I love you. I wish I could be there in person.
Love,
Kristian

1 comment:

Judy said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my! And AMEN and AMEN!! I believe every word of it, and I'M IN - certainly for Jill and Don whom I know, and for your other friends as well.

I pray that God will do this and that HE WILL RECEIVE ALL THE GLORY!!!!

Love you,
Moma