February 18, 2010

MP: Cake

MP writes:

Hello,



For Daddy's birthday he always has a home made red velvet cake with butter cream icing. It is his favorite. Sometimes, like this time, we do not get a chance to making it until Valentines Day. My mom had me make it this year as a first ever and my dad said that it was one of the best he had ever had because the icing was not crystallized. The recipe that I used was Grandma's ( Daddy's mom).

As you can see from the pictures on my post the layers of cake were plumb! The cake was also in a heart shape. After I ate my Valentines Day dinner, this cake and the oreo chocolate balls all I could do was lie prone on the couch. Haha!


As you can tell Daddy, Ashton and I had the intuition to eat a nice big piece of cake. Yum yum. I endorsed my creation by letting everyone have a taste of icing before I put it on the cake. Mommy really doesn't like this cake but that is okay because it means we get more:) For Daddy's birthday I gave him a bulletin with a coupon to Starbucks and a date with me.

Because the cake tastes really swell when cold so we put it in the garage. Now if we want any we have to
fetch it, although most of it is already gone!!! We have slightly marred the cake by digging into it over the past couple days. Have I alluded enough to the fact that the cake was absolutely amazing?

For Valentines Mommy and Daddy gave Ashton and I really cute cups and raspberry chocolates. The cups are clear with red and pink dots that are different sizes. Actually I am drinking out of it right now. I feel like I am illiterate right now because I am having to respell everything. Bad spelling day, bah-humbug
. We have slightly marred the cake by digging into it over the past couple days. Man that makes me want to rage! I love you!!!

Love always,
Mallory

3 comments:

DICK said...

When I first saw the photo, I thought it was the top of Daddy's head, covered with shaving cream and that he was getting ready to shave his head like Uncles Mike, Alan, and Trace.

As cold as it is there, do you have to use the chain saw to cut the cake--since you put it outside in the garage?
Love,
Papa

Judy said...

You're getting to be quite the bakery chef! It's a good thing I'm not there to be tempted to consume all the calories.

Doe said...

Papa will be jealous that Daddy gets a date with you and not him. Great job on the cake Mallory....I think baking is one of your gifts. Love you. Grandma