February 19, 2010

JP: Sneetainun (snē tān un)

Today being Friday and a Weekends @ IHOP weekend at IHOP (that actually makes sense here at IHOP!), I have the opportunity to meet people who are where Kristian and I where 2 years ago. Most come to Weekends @ IHOP because they have more than just a passing interest in IHOP. I have the privilege of being the first speaker each weekend. So as I'm driving I begin asking for the Holy Spirit to move in them and for God to reveal Himself in a new way.

Well, today, He revealed Himself in a new way and more of His sense of humor to me during my drive. If you don't think God has a sense of humor just look at the platypus or read some of the stories in the Bible - spit in
eyes, talking donkeys, laying on top of dead people to resurrect them, bears coming out of the woods to eat people, etc. Some pretty bizarre stuff.

Since we've moved to KC, He's really shown us that He is Jehovah Sneaky, the Ultimate Jokster. Look no further than the weather that we've lived through this winter! This morning I leave the house under a slight drizzle. Remember, it's only 6 miles and 13 minutes to the Missions Base. Before I get 2 blocks it turns to snow. Within two minutes it is sleeting and snowing. Three minutes later the sun comes out while it is still sneeting. I pull into the parking lot and get out of the truck and it changes back to rain, no sun. I come back out 1-1/2 h
ours later after teaching, and it is snowing again! As I head home, the snow is joined by rain, How is this possible?!? God must have put the weather machine on auto-pilot or He was just having fun at my expense. The next thing I know it begins to sneetainun - snow, sleet and rain while the sun pokes it head through! What's next fire from heaven during a blizzard? Finally, I arrive home to....... nothing! Oh, I forgot to mention that this was all occurring during our heat wave of 37 degrees. Thank goodness for global warming. Speaking of which, one of the locals informed us that her MDOT snowplow driving fiance' was told that the long range forecast is for at least 20 more inches of snow before spring thaw. Anyone up for a visit?

I think I'll stay home and hide in the controlled atmosphere of the schoolroom. Watch us blow a fuse with the space heater!
40 car pileup in downtown KC. No, not caused by us!

3 comments:

DICK said...

Up for a visit?.....sure....maybe July!

Judy said...

Parking lot looks somewhat like I75 at rush hour.

Doe said...

I have experienced rain,sleet,snow and thunder and lighting all at the same time....makes you wonder if this is "it"......but you are so right God does have a great sense of humor and it always gets our attention. Love you, enjoy the global warming.