November 10, 2009

KP: Ice Cream in the Mail

KP Writes:

Well you never know how the Lord will use others to bless you. The kindness and generosity of others never ceases to amaze me.

The other day I went to the mailbox and you never will believe what I found...Wendy's Frosty's. Well, not exactly. But even better. There were 40 coupons for free Frosty's and a note from the sender. Ashton and Mallory were not the only ones very excited at this treat!!


Last month I looked out my front door and there was a package. Someone had sent us a LARGE slow cooker. It is big enough for me to cook the dinners for the groups that we are mentoring. It is such a blessing because I was unable to use the smaller one we got as a wedding gift 22 years ago.

Early fall we received an envelope from Costco. Knowing that we only had a now expired Sam's Club membership from GA we were curious. Someone had sent us a Costco membership. Again, we can shop more efficiently for the large groups we are privileged to host.

I am blessed because the Lord has allowed me to become so much more thankful in the past year. When we as believers truly pray for provision, then we are mindful when He so graciously answers. In turn, we become a people of thanksgiving. I have also been able to see my faith and the faith of my children grow.

Often as believers in the west we do not have the kind of need or lack that so many around the globe face. Until the last year or so, generally we as believers in the American Church could work harder, get more education, work more jobs, etc.... We could 'fix' any situation that came our way. We didn't 'need' God, unless we encountered devastating illness. Basically we could buy or work our way out of any other need. In a way, believers outside the United States have had the 'privilege' of need, so as to drive them to pursue the Lord. Their need draws them to the Lord as provider, and as He provides, increases their faith.

I didn't know I was going there in this post. I simply was saying that our God is so good. He blesses us far beyond our needs. He even likes to treat us to ice cream. Thank you to each one who has been used to bless us in
incredible ways.


Love ya,

Kristian


1 comment:

Judy said...

You may not have known "where your blog entry was going", but God surely did make good use of it - reminding us that HE IS OUR PROVIDER - even when He provides the job at which we can work hard.

Love you!