September 16, 2009

AP: Long awaited pictures!!! #4 The Dance Toe

Mallory and I are so excited!!! Last week it was back to dance after a long 9 months off. We knew we were going to be very sore and out of shape, but with a little hard work, and maybe blood/sweat/tears, we would be back in no time. For some reason it did not occur to me to order new pointe shoes until the week dance started back. So not only did I have to endure aching muscles and out-of-shape exhaustion, but I also had to dance on dead, I mean WAY dead, pointe shoes. So here is a picture of my toe...


That is my toe....lovely isn't it?

Sorry, that one is kinda blurry....

Standing on black marley floor my toenail blends in with the floor...

Comparison between the two toes...

For those of you that can take the details.....it was a lot purpler a few days ago (I just invented that word). Then a couple of days ago I saw what looked like air bubbles so I squeezed it and out came blood, water, liquid pus. It was disgusting! I almost wanted to cut my own toe off!!! I could stick something underneath the nail because it is not connected anymore. The toenail now is a pure white (cause its not connected) It still leaks out blood and liquid pus when I dance into my tights and shoes. Disgusting!!!!!! So now it is disconnected by the nail bed but still connected down at the tip...in other words.....VERY painful on pointe!!! On pointe? Well, being a dancer...I must dance on! I have continued to dance on it and hope that it will fall off soon. Most people would say that this pain and ugliness is not worth it. But when I see professional dancers, to me it is very much worth it! I'll take more pictures if it falls off! :)

Ps. We love our teachers and the students at our new dance studio! God has blessed us tremendously!


1 comment:

DICK said...

Gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Papa