January 25, 2011

MP: Toilet Flower Pot

MP writes:

Hello,
Wow! It has been a really long time since I last blogged but it is kinda like my mom said it is a feast or a famine. Things are getting back into the swing of things now: school is going full blast, dance is back, and we have even set our new prayer room schedule.

From the title of this entry you are probably wondering where is she going? :) About four months ago on my way to dance I saw this one yard that had a toilet in it and I thought (and I quote) "That is absolutely disgusting." But the next time I went passed it I gave it another chance and noticed that it had some drop dead gorgeous flowers in it.

That is how we are sometimes. We see our outer self and feel torn down. When we then take a second glance we see that we are beautiful and our inner being gets stronger and we feel more full of the spirit.

It is as if God is taking ashes, the ugly, and showing us the glorious beauty. The Lord loves to give beauty for ashes.
"to bestow upon them a crown of beauty instead of ashes," Isaiah 61:3b.

Well hope you learn from this too.

Love Always,
Mallory

P.S. You should go to google and type in toilet flower pot pictures to get the full meaning of this blog.

2 comments:

Ashton said...

No wonder my nick name is TP......ask me if you don't understand....=)

love you!
atp

Judy said...

Good analogy as well as observation skills. You are obviously not just riding along in a trance, but observing what you pass by while traveling.
Love you,
Nana