January 9, 2011

AP: January 9th!!!!!!!

AP Writes:

Today is January 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which means.......IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! =)

I have had quite a busy last couple of weeks with Christmas, OneThing, Lizzy staying with us for a while, and then my birthday. A big group of people went ice skating yesterday downtown at Crown Central for my birthday. It was really cold, 11 degrees without windchill, but it was a lot of fun. Then we went back to my house to have dinner, cupcakes and icecream, play games, hang out, and watch a movie. Some of the girls got to spend the night and this morning we went to church, came home and ate lunch, and took a much needed nap. After we woke up I got to open some presents. =) And now we are preparing for this next school semester.

All in all it was a pretty fabulous birthday! I can't believe I'm 19! I'm really excited to see what God is going to do in this next year of my life!

Here are some highlights of my past year:
>I went from having 27 college credits to 105
>I was able to perform in my friend Kirsti's graduation for dance
>I got my first real job working at Holiday Inn Express as a breakfast hostess
>I got to go on a mission trip to Taiwan and Japan
>I got to visit Georgia this summer for 4 weeks
>I went to summer camp as part of the rising college women (my last year of camp as a camper)
>I got to go to Branson, MO on a trip with my family and grandparents (Tablerock lake.....absolutely beautiful!!!!)
>I went on a cruise paid for by my grandparents to the Bahamas with my family, aunts, uncles, and grandparents
>I was able to have an incredible part in the Christmas performance for dance that I had wanted (I got to represent the Spanish speaking nations by performing Spanish)
>I got to go back to Georgia for Christmas and had our first White Christmas in Georgia since 1882 (and see my old studio's dance performance!)
>I got to have one of my good friends from dance and another good friend whom I've known since 2nd grade come out for OneThing 2010
>And I got to finish out 2010 by participating in the best New Year's Eve party ever with 30,000 of my closest friends! This was my 7th year to be at OneThing for New Year's. I wouldn't miss it for the world. There is just nothing greater than to be worshiping Jesus finishing a year and starting a new one!

So now I have 364 days left of being a teenager.....a very odd thought. =) But I am excited for the new experiences and things God has planned for me for this year!

Hope you've had a fabulous day!
Ashton =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ashton! I remember when you were born... we were so excited for your mom and dad... now you're 19! My how time flies... I love you BIG kiddo! Donna Sue

Doe said...

Ashton I am so glad you had such a wonderful Birthday. It is hard for me to believe you are 19.............
You have had an amazing year my prayer for you is that God continues to guide you and you continue to listen !!!! this is important. Be true to your self and continue in God's way and you will have another wonderful year. We love you so much and miss you. Grandma

Judy said...

Ashton,
I know that God's got just as many wonderful things to show you this year as He did last, so you better fasten your seat belt!! We're so proud of your 105 hours . . .just 5 more tests and we'll be having another graduation party!!
Love you,
Nana