January 28, 2011

KP: Casual Prayer

KP Writes:

At the onething'10 conference Lou Engle preached at one of the evening sessions. I love Lou. His messages are typically very convicting and inspiring all at the same time. He is so real. His family is real. I have watched him/them now for the last two years. They really are living this thing called Christianity out, day in day out. Back to the point of this blog.

Lou delivered a 2 hour sermon at the conference, not one that really struck me like they usually do. Just about the time he was wrapping it up he made a completely random statement, basically unrelated to his message. But it struck me to the core.

"Casual prayer leads to casualties." God immediately had my attention. How many casualties have there been because I have been casual in my prayer for someone or some need or some situation? Am I casual in praying for my husband, my children, our families, my friends, our health, our church, our city, for the salvation of the lost I know???? Casual prayer leads to casualties. We as believers have been invited to participate with the Lord through prayer. We can make a difference in outcomes. But, casual prayer leads to casualties. The resolve in my heart is: Not on my watch!

Love,
Kristian

2 comments:

DICK said...

Great words of wisdom.

Judy said...

I'm sure it's because God is imparting the same message to many people, and it didn't hurt that Tammy was at One Thing also, but she shared at Face Down about CONTENDING PRAYER [1. w/o ceasing, 2. w/o doubt, 3. w/o offense]. Whether from you, from Lou, or from Tammy, it's great that the Lord knows our frailties and KEEPS ON REMINDING US ABOUT IMPORTANT THINGS.

What are "you" (and you and you) believing God for??? And pressing in by contending . . .

Love, Moma