August 12, 2009

AP: What would that look like?

Hi everyone! I am so sorry that I have not blogged but my schedule has been super busy. Mallory and I did ATC (Awakening Teen Camp) for two weeks and we were supposed to be unplugged from the world, ie no computers, so I wasn't allowed to blog. And then we started school back again and I really haven't had much time. But some awesome things happened at ATC and I thought I would share just one little part this time and maybe more would come later.

Okay, so I was sitting in the FSM building during one of the worship times at ATC looking around at the people worshiping. I began to think about the flesh and how it so often gets in the way of everything we do. For instance, if the Holy Spirit moves it has to come out through our FLESH. So there is always flesh in everything we see and do. That is comforting so that we don't have to keep thinking, "Well is that flesh or is that Holy Spirit?" It will always have a little flesh because we are flesh. Yes, we want to try and keep the flesh as little as possible and die to it daily, but some will still be there. As I was sitting there contemplating this reality I began to think of the worship that is constantly going on around the throne room like it describes in Revelation 4. I began to think of the pure and undefiled worship of creatures who are gazing at the glorious King. And of all the elders and kings around the throne. I thought of their response as they gaze on true beauty casting down their crowns crying out, "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come." What an incredible response! I began then to pray for myself and for others that this would be the response that comes from our hearts as we look upon the glorious man, Jesus.

What do you think pure and undefiled worship looks like? Can you even picture that image? We will get to see and partake in this type of worship for the rest of our lives. Thousands, millions, billions of us all worshiping the one who deserves all glory, honor, and praise. Pure, unfleshly worship........what does it look like?

No comments: