August 21, 2009

MP: Hey Y'all

mp writes:

Hey,

I am so sorry that I have not blogged in a while. I am doing great and I miss y'all so much!

So because it was summer the youth leadership team decided to do something every Fri. and Sat. night after the evening service called late night. At late night they have volleyball, dodge ball,basketball, and spoons,and while all this is going on they have speakers that pipe the prayer room outside so that we can still hear it while we are doing whatever we are doing. I am trying to learn how to play volleyball and am teaching myself and quite frankly I am doing better than I ever thought I could do.

So Ashton and I have been staying there till 1:30ish (am) on those nights and I have been asking God to send me a friend that lives here because my friends were in San Fransisco, California, for a mission trip. That very night I met a girl named Jeana. She is very nice and now she is one of my best friends. One of my other best friends, Jesse, lives right down the street from me and she has seven siblings. My other best friend that I have also been hanging with at the late night activities is Caitlin. She was the very first person that talked to me on my first day to the new youth group.

Mary is another one of my good friends here. Tomorrow night at late night she is going to cut my hair I am so happy because I need a hair cut
badly :D

I started this year's school year on Monday. So far it has been great and I am going to get to read a ton of good books this year. I am also going though Dave Ramsey again to learn more about financing and budgeting my money properly. It is fun because I like to budget money and it gets you thinking how much you spend.

Love y'all,
Mallory

3 comments:

DICK said...

You may just be learning to play volleyball or some of the other games, but I'll bet you can teach ALL of them a thing or two about SPOONS!

P.S. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????1:30am??? I'm going to tell your Mom and Dad that you are staying out until 1:30 am! Don't they have a curfew in Kansas City/Grandview?
Love, Pawpaw

Judy said...

Haircut?? Are you going to get that cute chin length cut again??

I'm glad that the reading list looks interesting - that makes for much faster progress.

Love you, Nana

DICK said...

Mallory,
Pawpaw loves the "what's going on in my day" posts [like this one] just as much, if not more, than the deep things that you and Ashton are learning.