July 29, 2009

AP: Recognizing an Ungrateful Heart...ouch

AP Writes:

I just finished moving my entire belongings from my rental house to my new house. It took forever because we had to do little loads in our two cars. Each night I would crash into bed and wonder how many more loads it would take until we were finally done. My arms were sore and I began to wish we didn't have so much stuff. Then it hit me......hard. I realized how ungrateful I had been for all the stuff we have. Most of the stuff we have has been passed down generations.....therefore most of it I see as old and useless. Some of it is good stuff....like some of the furniture. But the rest is, to me, useless.

I began to think about people who don't have any stuff.....or only what they can carry. I was then feeling very guilty about being ungrateful for the stuff I do have. I asked God to help me be grateful for the things he has given me......like a house to live in, plenty of food to eat, more furniture than I can count (even if some of it is wayyyyyy out dated), family that loves me, friends that watch out for me, and a God who wants me to be with him where he is. Sometimes we strive to find something to be appreciative of when we can be thankful for something that it right under our nose. We need to get a greater perspective of how small we are and how little our feelings matter and look at the big picture. You can be thankful for everything......you just have to look through the right lens. :)

ATP

1 comment:

DICK said...

Are you saying that the furniture that you inherited from my Mom is outdated??????? It was probably bought in the 1920's!
Love,
Pawpaw