February 18, 2011

KP: I Will Rest in You

KP Writes:

"You guide me through the dark,
You calm my fearful heart.
and I will rest in you.

You give me perfect peace.
You fulfill my deepest needs
and I will rest in you.

And God,
Shining like the sun
Oh, let your kingdom come
Cause I want to be with you,
In your presence.

And I'm here to give you praise
cause you take my breath away.
And now I'm here to be with you.
I 'm in your presence.

Your kindness draws me in.
I am with you once again,
And I will rest in you.

My god you reign on high
To you alone I cry,
And I will rest in you."

Audra Lynn was singing this chorus in the prayer room the other night. I began to meditate on the truths it contained because we all walk through seasons of darkness, some of which are deeper than others. The chorus reminds us of the promises of God: He will guide us through the dark, He will calm our fearful heart, He will give us perfect peace. That is what He does because that is who He is. We have but one responsibility in the darkness - to rest in Him. Not to fix anything, not to find a way out. We may not initially see the way out, feel calmness of heart, or have any peace, let alone perfect peace. But in faith we, "call those things that be not as though they were" (Romans 4:17) and rest in Him.

Learning to give Him praise in all situations,
Kristian

Click HERE to hear the song; scroll over to the 1:32 mark. The song was 1 hour and 32 minutes into the set.)

2 comments:

Judy said...

The "peace that passes understanding" . . . you've got to experience it to have an inkling of what that means.

Sounds like God's been encountering you in the prayer room regularly.

Love you, Moma

Marty said...

Thanks for posting this...I woke up this morning and Holy Spirit blessed me with this song on my mind...all I remembered was 'you take my breath away, I'm in Your presence' ....did a Google search (thank God for Google!) and saw your post and remembered I have the words/chords for this, I think the song is 'Shining' ...God is light!