February 9, 2011

KP: America Intoxicated

KP Writes:

Most of you know the burden the Lord continually places upon my heart is to pray that the church in America would awaken from her slumber, awaken to who she is in Christ, and be who she should be to an unbelieving world - through her words and her actions.
With that forever in the forefront of my mind, I ran across a quote from Abraham Lincoln that in my opinion basically sums up the state of America yet today. I share it with you calling you to pray with me for the Church in the west. Pray that she will wake up and then become a sounding alarm in America to all Americans.

"Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us."

Love,
Kristian

2 comments:

DICK said...

So it seems sad that so little has changed in ~150 years in America.

Judy said...

Almost seems like our blessings are "hurting" us - making us think we don't need God.
Love you.