May 25, 2010

MP: Multiple Updates in One

MP writes:

Hello,

First off I just wanted to say how sorry I am for not having blogged in a long time. And secondly I am very sorry if you have already heard some of this. But please just bare with me.

Three Fridays ago Nana and Papa got here!!! The funny thing was Ashton and I had to leave at 4:15 but they got to our house at 4:24 ... We just missed them.So they came with Mommy and Daddy to pick me up at dance because I get done about three hours before Ashton. We were able to see them then so it wasn't really that bad waiting.

With them we went on a 17 mile bike ride and got our reward!!! But in the mean time my bottom had gone completely numb. It was so much fun even with a numb bottom.
The next day we went to the Farmers Market. I love that place because there are tons of fresh fruit and many unusual items. One of the stores there has an abundance of spices, nuts, and candy. Papa also got figs. They are amazing and to be completely honest I thought that they would be disgusting.
On their last day here we had Ashton's graduation party. That was really good and had a pretty good outcome. The Skeele family came over about nine o'clock that morning to help set up and didn't leave until around ten o'clock that night. They were such a big help. I abhor and abominate the fact that Nana & Papa are gone. As her graduation gift from me I gave her a scrapbook but I didn't start it until Thursday night when she wasn't home. That meant I only had two hours on Thursday. So because I had so much to do in the scrapbook I was up until 2:30ish on Saturday night Sunday morning.But it was worth it. And I had everyone there sign it while they wrote a word or prophecy in a different book. In the middle of working on it I questioned myself and asked, "Do I want to abridge this and make it half the size???"

One cool gift that she received was a backpack because she needed one for Japan and she got one that is absolutely perfect for what she needed. Isn't God fabulous? Since that time I have been giving God many accolades.

This past Saturday we went to Chastity and William's wedding in Heston, Kansas. It was so pretty out there and the wedding was pretty to. Chastity was in our intro small group when we first moved out here to IHOP. The way the first part of the ceremony went was really cool. What happened was the pastor and the wedding party came down the aisle but where was Will??? Then came Chas and her dad but still no Will. Where was he .... Will is late for his wedding?? No, that can't be it or is it? And why is Chas facing us and not the pastor? ... These where all the thoughts that were running through my head. Then the pianist started to play "How He Loves Us" by Kim Walker and out came Will running down the aisle to receive his bride like king Jesus runs to get us, His bride. It was so cool to see it portrayed in this way.

Love always,
Mallory

P.S. Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ....................... can I call you back?? Gabby/Victoria, recognize this? If we are ever in a nursing home together we will have so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Tuffyw said...

It is a shame you did not have fun with Nana & Papa. Can't wait to see you in a month or so!!!!

Judy said...

Mallory,

From what I've seen of nursing homes, I'm thinking that even having your cousins there with you would NOT make it fun !!!!!!!!!

Thanks for telling about the wedding - I've never seen that before - It's a beautiful representation of God.

Love,
Nana