May 27, 2010

AP: 24 hours!!!!!!!

AP writes:

Okay.....so I will officially be leaving in 24 hours! Wow. Time has flown by really fast! Hopefully we will be able to send some updates from Taiwan/Japan to send to ya'll. I'm so grateful that God has called me and then provided for me to go on this trip. I'm really excited to see what He has in store for this trip!

Last night we had our last dance rehearsal. It went really well and we also got to organize costumes. We also were able to talk to Natalie who is already in Japan. It was really funny because we were rehearsing her piece and she was able to give us corrections from half way around the world! Another funny thing was that we were talking to someone in the future! It was roughly 10am her time and 8:30pm our time.

I'm still in shock that I leave tomorrow morning! It seems like just yesterday I was asked to join the team. God is so good how He has prepared us even when we didn't know it! On Sunday at the team meeting we got our team T-shirts. The kanji on them say 'Freedom Dance'. I love these people!!!


The orange shirt is Natalie's, but we weren't able to get it to her before she
left so we are going to bring it to her.



We are a crazy bunch!!! You have to click on the picture so that it enlarges!
Our faces are priceless!


Here are some prayer requests:
>Pray that we will get plenty of sleep on the plane and our bodies will adjust quickly to the time change
>Pray that we will have safe travel and all our luggage will arrive together on time (we have to change 3 planes)
>All of us have been feeling attacked and oppressed lately. We know it is because of the trip we are about to take. Those who have been before say that this time has been stronger in the attacks than previous times. Pray that we would be confident in who we are in Christ and the power He has equipped us with for what He has called us to do
>Pray that we would be strengthened and continue to grow in unity as a team
>Pray for the hearts of those we will be ministering to in Taiwan/Japan
>Pray that God will open up opportunity for Natalie as well as for us when we arrive to be able to pour into the lives of people we come into contact with

I'm also very excited about the incredible friendships that will be formed while on this trip! Though I've only known these guys for about 8 months it seems like I've known them a lifetime! I'm very grateful that God not only has amazing friends for me in Georgia, but that He blesses me with incredible friends in Kansas City too! I hope ya'll have an amazing weekend and I cannot wait to show you pictures! Thank you so much for praying! You are a blessing to me!

Love ya!
Ashton =)

No comments: