March 4, 2009

KP Writes:

The #1 Team on Team One

Well, my image is shattered. Tonight was our home group (cell group) night. Up to this point we have each taken turns sharing our testimony and the "story" behind how we ended up in KC. Then we would pray over the person sharing.

Many people are out right now with the flu so we decided to play Catch Phrase for a lighter evening. Because of my personality, unless I really know you or I am really sure of what I have to say, I don't talk a whole lot. So I have been mostly shy and reserved for the last 8 weeks. Well, playing a game is a whole different story. Needless to say I am very competitive. Our cell leader made the comment that he was now seeing "the real Kristian". Needless to say...my team won!! Go team #1. Oh well Jeff, Ashton and Mallory, maybe next time. We had a great evening!

We have actually made plans to teach our cell leaders how to play Spoons once we "graduate" from INTRO. (We want to be sure to successfully complete INTRO so that we can join staff before we whoop-up on them in a ?friendly? game of spoons.)

On a more serious note, I have been captured by a verse I have been pondering for the last several weeks. John 15:9 says "Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love." Y'all, Jesus said He loves me (and you) in the SAME WAY that God the Father loved Jesus!!! The same way!! But all my faults and shortcomings....no, the same way. Now that moves me.

I love you guys!
Love,
Kristian

2 comments:

Tuffyw said...

I would argue that Kristian is shy. A brother should know. (I seem to remember you helping me to lead a team at summer camp. Didn't youdance and act like a fool - and enjoy it? Maybe that was me.) If you play spoons with them they may never come to your house again. I did not know that was a full contact sport!!!!!

Hope you are doing well. We love you and miss you!!!!!

DICK said...

After reading the second paragraph, but BEFORE even seeing the third paragraph, my thought was "if they think Catch Phrase was competitive, wait until they play Spoons!"